Our identity and contact details
- Your privacy is important to us. We value your trust and are committed to protect and safeguard any personal information you give us. This document has been modified according to the European Regulation GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and consequently the Dutch AVG Regulation (Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming) which will be in force from 25 May 2018 and describes how we use and process your personal data. It also tells you how you can contact us if you have questions regarding your personal data.
- Oceanwide Expeditions BV, a company registered in the Netherlands, chamber of commerce number 50590715, and / or her affiliates such as Oceanwide Marine Services BV, offers (online) travel-related services through its own websites and mobile apps and through other online platforms such social media as well as off-line marketing and sales tools and activities. The information that follows applies to all of these platforms.
4382 ZA Vlissingen
Telephone: ++ 31 118 410 410
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any related queries, please include “Personal Data Request” in your subject heading to ensure it receives the correct attention).
Information we collect from you
1. Filling in forms or making a general enquiry via our website, including applying for receiving our newsletters, triplog, travel programs and travel offers, sharing photographs, traveller reviews etc.
2. Registering your interest in partnering with us.
3. Providing information in the course of negotiating and/or entering into contractual agreements with us; and corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise.
- The information we collect when you engage with us for any of the purposes described above may include, for example:
1. Your name, email address and phone number.
2. Your marketing preferences.
3. The Internet Protocol (IP) address attached to your device.
4. Your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and certain device information.
5. information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), services you viewed or searched for page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page. We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
- When you make a reservation, you'll be asked for your name, address, telephone number, email address, payment details, the names of guests traveling with you and your preferences for your stay. To make it easier to manage your reservations, you can open a user account. This allows you to save your personal settings, review previous orders and manage future requests.
- When you make a reservation it is furthermore obligatory to fill out a personal information form which includes passport number, emergency contact persons and a medical information form.
Why we collect information from you
1. For internal record keeping and account creation.
2. In order to make you a travel offer / quotation and/or to enter into a contractual agreement with you in relation to our travel services and to complete and administer your reservation.
3. To carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us, including, but not limited to, the processing and administration of bookings.
4. To provide you with the services that you request from us.
5. For your comfort and safety and on-board safety purposes we need you to fill-out our personal information form (which also including date and place of birth, passport number, contact emergency details) including questions relating to your medical condition which will exclusively be forwarded to the on-board doctor. The doctor needs this medical related information in cases of accidents and general medical treatment including medical evacuation, if applicable.
6. To contact you in the course of providing services to you in your capacity as a travel organisation or any other foundation, society, organisation.
7. We need to pass on your personal details to the companies and organizations who need to know them so that your trip can be provided (for example your airline, hotel, other supplier, credit/debit card company or bank, harbor authorities and agencies, competent on-board staff member(s) and officer(s). Such companies and organizations may be outside the European Union if your trip is to take place or involves suppliers outside these countries.
8. For insight purposes (e.g. to analyse market trends and demographics, and develop the service which we offer to you or other individuals in the future).
9. For marketing activities and promotional emails about other services we offer which are similar to those that we already provide to you or that you have enquired about. For example, when you make a booking with us or set up a user account, we may use your contact information to send you news about similar travel-related products and services. With your consent—if consent is required under local law—we may also send you other regular newsletters by email. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communications at any time using the "Unsubscribe" link in each newsletter, or you can administer your subscriptions through your account (if you've created one).
10. For other communication purposes for example:
- If you haven't finalized a booking (online), or placed an optional reservation, we may email you a reminder to continue with your booking or to warn you that space for the voyage interested is limited or your travel package has been requested by others. When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with us.
- We may also send you other material related to your booking, such as how to contact us if you need assistance while you're away, and information that we feel might be useful to you in planning your trip or getting the best out of your stay aboard our vessels.
- For market research purposes we may ask you to take part in market research. Any given personal data in relation to market research will only be used with your consent.
- Based on the information you share with us, individualized offers may be shown to you on our website, in mobile apps or on third-party websites, including social media sites. These might be offers that you can book directly on our website, or third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting.
- Account Administration: We offer a user account facility on our website. We use the information you give us to administer this, allowing you to manage your bookings, take advantage of special offers, make future requests more easily and manage your personal settings. Managing personal settings allows you to keep and share lists, share photos, see voyages you've searched for before, and see other information you've provided about voyages and destinations. It also allows you to see any reviews you've submitted about destinations you've been to. If you want, you can share certain information in your user account by creating a public profile that’s associated with either your own first name or a screen name of your choice. The type of information you can share in this way includes your photo, the names of places you've stayed in, your lists, your reviews and other information about voyages and destinations.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention: We may use personal data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- We may also use personal data for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
How do we use social media?
We use social media to promote, improve and facilitate our services. For example, we integrated social media plugins into our website. So when you click on one of the buttons and register with your social media account, information is shared with your social media provider, and possibly presented on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network.
In addition to implementing these buttons, we use social media by maintaining accounts and offering apps on several social media sites. These social media services may allow you to share information with us. When you register with a social media app, you'll be told which information will be shared with oceanwide-expeditions.com. The information you choose to share with us may include the basic information that’s available in your social media profile, email address, status updates and your list of friends. This information is necessary to create a unique user experience either in the app itself or on our websites. It facilitates things like personalizing our website to suit your needs, connecting you with your friends on travel destinations, and analyzing and enhancing our travel-related services.
We may also enable you to sign in to the website with your social media accounts. Your social media provider will be able to tell you more about how they use and process your data in such cases.
You can share photo’s, reviews and blogs with us on our website and social media. We reserve the right to mention your name unless you explicitly object to this.
How do we share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal data with third parties.
The Voyage You Booked: In order to complete your booking, we need to transfer relevant reservation details to the authorities of the destination you've booked. This may include information such as your name, your contact details, passport number, the names of passengers traveling with you and any preferences you specified when making a booking. We need to pass on your personal details to the companies and organizations who need to know them so that your trip can be provided (for example your airline, hotel, other supplier, credit/debit card company or bank, competent on- board staff member(s) and officer(s), ships doctor (medical information). Such companies and organizations may be outside the European Union if your trip is to take place or involves suppliers outside these countries.
Competent Authorities including harbor authorities and port agents : We disclose personal data to law enforcement and other governmental authorities insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
We may use service providers (such as "data processors") to process your personal data strictly on our behalf. This processing would be for purposes such as facilitating booking payments, sending out marketing material or for analytical support services. These processors are bound by confidentiality clauses and are not allowed to use your personal data for their own purposes or any other purpose.
How do we use mobile devices?
We use a version of our regular website that has been optimized for mobile. This mobile website processes the personal details you give us in much the same way as our website does. With your consent, we may send you push notifications with information about your booking.
How do we use passenger reviews and other destination-related information you share with us?
After your voyage booked through us, you'll be invited to submit a review. This invite may ask for information about the destination, the ship, and the things to do/see. If you don’t want to use your name with the review, you can use a screen name (which you can choose in your user account), or the review can be displayed on the website anonymously. By completing a review, you're agreeing that it can be displayed on, for example, the relevant destination page on our website or in our social media accounts, to inform other travelers about the quality and services of us.
How do we protect your personal data?
We make great efforts to protect the information you give us. Any information, including personal information is stored and used carefully and will not be shared with unauthorized third parties.
In accordance with European data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access and the misuse of personal information.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
How long to we store your personal data?
- Your credit card details—when they're needed as part of the booking process—are stored by us for a maximum of 30 days. After that, your credit card data will either be permanently deleted from our systems or will remain hashed in our system for fraud detection purposes. However, you may have opted to store your credit card details in your user account; in that case, your credit card details will be stored in hashed form, but without the last four digits of your credit card number.
- All personal data collected in relation to a firm reservation (at the time of booking our services and during the course of the booking process until the end date of the travel services) will be stored for a maximum period of five years, in accordance to the defined limitation period in the Civil Code of the Netherlands, book 3, article 307.
- Financial data in relation with personal data will be stored for a maximum period of seven years, in accordance to the defined limitation period in the Tax Laws of the Netherlands .
- If you have requested travel information from us and / or have applied te receive our newsletters and further promotional information we will use your data (such as name and email address) until you notify us to unsubscribe and consequently remove your data from the mailing list and / or other promotional tools.
How can you control the personal data you've given to us?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us at email@example.com. Please write "Personal Data Request" in the subject line of your email and include a copy of your identity card to help us prevent unauthorized individuals from accessing your personal data.
If the personal information we have for you is incorrect, we'll update it at your request. If you do not want to use oceanwide-expeditions.com services anymore, you can ask us to block your personal data from being used again. You can delete your user account at any time by signing in on the oceanwide-expeditions.com website, going to the “Login” page, and choosing to remove your account in the settings. You can unsubscribe from the oceanwide-expeditions.com newsletter at any time by using the “Unsubscribe” link included with each newsletter. Requests to update, block or remove personal data can be made by sending an email to info@ or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may need to retain certain information, for example for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping, to process claims or to detect fraudulent activities.
Last updated, 17 May 2018.